Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fat to Fantastic - Oxygen Covergirl here I come!

Well this will probably be the final post in my biosignature blog, its been a fascinating journey for me, not just to see the changes that I've made physically, but mentally and emotionally it has taught me a whole lot too. One particular aspect of my transformation that was completely unexpected and in some cases quite distressing was how other people have reacted to my physical change - I'm talking about people who've known me for a long time and even my family - it definitely hasn't all been positive, but it has taught me who is really there for me and who I can truly count on. It has taught me that I really am a very strong person and when I set my mind to achieving something I can do amazing things, it has taught me to only listen to those who know what they're talking about and to filter out noise from those who cannot deal with the mirror that I've held up to their own insecurities.

Most of all it has taught me that if you really want to achieve something, stay true to yourself and your vision and your goals, trust me, its worth it! :-)

so where to from here? Well I've got an amazing holiday to Ecuador lined up in Feb 2012 - I'll be ice climbing on some volcanoes! but before that, I've made the decision to go all the way and compete in a figure competition - the Victorian titles in September!
Oh my god - now I know I'm completely mad - stepping on stage in a sparkly bikini and stripper heels! This is soooo far out of my comfort zone it might as well be on another planet!

the way I look at it, is why not? I've come so far physically that a whole new world has opened up for me - even 2 months ago I wouldn't even have contemplated it - I was just aiming to do a photoshoot on my birthday to reward myself for all the good work I've put in. Now the door has opened to other opportunities, I'm going to explore everything that comes my way - its so exciting imagining what could happen from here!


lets just do a quick comparison of where I have come from to where I am now:

Before - Sept 2009




After - June 18 2011 - Even I'm amazed - hard to believe its the same person!!!

And here's my photoshoot pics ...I'll be entering the Oxygen Magazine Covergirl competition for sure! :-)












What a transformation!
If I can do it, anyone can - you just have to get started...

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment